Promoting Arts in Our Community
Organized in 1969, the Aberdeen Area Arts Council (AAAC) is funded through memberships, the City of Aberdeen, grants from the SD Arts Council, and other grants. Its mission is to enhance the quality of life through the arts by initiating, sponsoring and encouraging art opportunities and promoting the arts through education in the Aberdeen area. We serve six counties in northeast South Dakota – Brown, Spink, Day, Edmunds, Marshall and McPherson.
A 501c(3) organization, the AAAC promotes arts in our community by hosting varied programming, co-sponsoring the ARCC Dance program, sharing information about each month’s events through radio, newspaper and Facebook and facilitating meetings of those involved in the arts. We also work closely with South Dakotans for the Arts to keep current on arts advocacy issues.
Programming presented annually includes events such as Arts in the Park, Winterfest, Storybook Land Festival, Storybook Land Theatre, and the Membership Extravaganza. Please visit our AAAC events page for a list of all upcoming AAAC events and our Area Arts Calendar for all arts events in the community.
AAAC Board of Directors
- Kathy Brumbaugh, President – Artist, Retired Development Director
- Rosemary Duch, Vice President – Community Arts Supporter
- Victoria Georgoff , Secretary/Treasurer Dance Instructor – Freelance Writer, Licensed Psychotherapist MA, LMHC, LCAC
- Greg Blair – Art Professor
- Angie Cleberg – Executive Assistant
- Spencer Dobson – Comedian
- David Eckert – Aberdeen Recreation & Cultural Center
- Angela Huff – Community Arts Supporter
- Wende Lewis – Community Arts Supporter
- Dennis McDermott – Musician, Band Instructor
- Josh Phillips – Graphic Designer